Now you can install any firmware version of your choice right from your custom recovery. So you no longer need to go through all the tiring process of reverting to stock recovery, unrooting, and then if you get lucky, you receive the OTA updates. And, I need to upgrade my phone from lollipop to marshmallow. Tell me where to find it, or tell me how to how to install the official stock rom by using TWRP. Recovery is a kind of action to install third-party ROMs or firmware on Android device. The fact is that a lot of people want to replace the stock ROM and customize it by themselves.
- And adding the app to your Android phone completes the missing piece of the puzzle.
- For that i have searched in google and flashed cache.img file.
- In this article, you will learn what is Android ROM and firmware, how to backup Android ROM and firmware, and a 1-click tool to backup all Android data to computer.
- Still, it has its uses if you don’t want to rely on third-party options.
Now, what if your device’s manufacturer doesn’t offer such a flash tool? You’d probably be stuck with your bricked device without scope for self-repair. I gave up now because flashing system.img stopped at 3%. This may caused by eMMC is probably weared out at this particular area, or the timeout is caused by a weak connection. Check our Full video guide for how to use SmartPhone flash recovery software.
- However, people tend to install a ‘custom ROM’ to gain more control over their device and have extra features.
- Android devices are always open to many customizations, you can force Android to update and reinstall the new OS on your device in a few simple steps.
- It is important to know that your firmware needs to be backed up before you make any changes.
- The backup takes a while though link so make sure your device is charging or has enough charge before proceeding.
Once completed , use the Volume controls to choose the Reboot System Now menu item, and then hit the Power button to confirm your selection. It is a tool based on Android that is designed to interact with Debugger Bridge (ADB). Using this tool, you can backup all of your data safely. Everything you need to know will be explained with the help of Powerpoint presentations.
In TWRP recover, select Backup/Restore option, choose backup file and swipe to confirm (this will wipe your phone, so backup whole data you have on the phone). Now, download Stock Recovery image [HERE] for your CID, rename it to stockrecovery.img and save it into the ADB installation folder. Save the renamed zip file to your phone’s internal storage. The restore process is a bit faster than the backup process and when it’s done, you’ll get a restore user data complete notification as shown below. Reboot your phone when you’re done and make sure you never make the mistake of deleting those backup files.